Sunday 10 February 2008

my reflections on feedback from first nunnery workshop- 5th february

today went much better than i hoped and the sense of intimacy was realised i felt well. really need to make decisions about using technology to match the idea and not just because i am exploring traditional and digital within my research proposal- i think there is a way but need to think it through. projector more than arkos player. the main area for attention is simplifying the set up, and story telling.

the main problem as with everything on this course and my relation to it is the zero confidence i have in myself being a performer. i now feel very confident about my concepts and use of the visual arts practice and pushing the work performatively, but...me in it will make or break it in the end, or should it be someone else? am i more of a artist-director? still can't get my head round who i should be in the work, be yourself  is told to me repeatedly but i get so nervous and can't relax this feels an impossibility. outwardly and in everyday life  (including presentations, standing in front of headteachers, parents and such in my other life) and my appearance i feel comfortable,  but frame it as performance as i dry up, freeze, panic. need to think more on this.

second workshop run through- set for 2 weeks time, BA/MA participants.

No comments: